We respond to our clients responsibly, promote technical excellence, and maintain professional integrity without sacrificing environmental quality.
We’ve combined our technical knowledge with over 100 years of Johnson family business experience to create our own methodology to keep your project on track.
Your reputation in the community is only as strong as the results of your last job. That’s why we pride ourselves on our results-driven approach.
Eric Johnson – Geologist
Bringing engineering expertise to everyone.
“I founded Johnson Design Associates Inc. with one goal in mind: To provide quality and affordable engineering and land surveying in Southern New Jersey.
I have achieved this goal over the last 30 years by responding to my clients responsibly, promoting technical excellence, and maintaining professional integrity without sacrificing environmental quality. I come out to each septic project site personally to ensure the best results for our clients.”
see -Eric Johnson
JOHNSON FAMILY HISTORY
SIX GENERATIONS IN SOUTH JERSEY
- http://votebenfrederick.com/tag/parade/page/2/ 1886 – Wilde Farm Supply founded by Jonathan Wilde in Vineland, NJ
- 1900 – Wilde Farm Supply becomes a John Deere franchise operated by Jonathan’s son William Wilde
- 1929 – William passes the family business down to his son-in-law James Bickleman
- source 1951 – James Bickleman passes the company down to his son-in-law Daniel Johnson, who grows the family business to two John Deere dealerships in South Jersey
- 1984 – Dan’s son Daniel James Johnson, a Civil Engineer, opens Johnson Engineering at 722 Wood Street in Vineland
- 1993 – Following Daniel James’ sudden passing, his brother Eric takes over the family business and renames the company to Johnson Design Associates Inc. to reflect expanded offerings
- 2017 – Eric’s son Matthew joins the company as Director of Operations
Meet the Team
These are the people at Johnson Design Associates behind your projects:
LICENSED PROFESSIONAL CIVIL ENGINEER
Dave is a former engineer for the city of Vineland. With many years of experience in the engineering field, Dave provides our clients with the expertise necessary to bring projects to completion efficiently.
CHARLES DEWEES, JR.
LICENSED SURVEYOR & PROFESSIONAL PLANNER
Charlie Dewees spends most of his time out in the field, collecting data and ensuring that land surveys are completed accurately. Unlike many surveyors in today’s technological age, he oversees every survey from start to finish. He is also a licensed professional planner. He enjoys playing golf and listening to the Beatles.
Bill plays a critical role at Johnson Design Associates – his drawings are used in projects all across South Jersey. Almost everything we do comes across his desk, as he uses AutoCAD to draft septic designs, land surveys, site plans, and more. Bill has a passion for the sciences.
Lisa keeps all of the gears running smoothly here at Johnson Design Associates. Her organizational skills and astute attention to detail ensure that our clients receive their work within a timely manner. Lisa enjoys spending her time with her husband and two daughters, as well as her cat, dogs, and horses.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Matt’s primary responsibilities include business operations, project management, and client relations. If you are looking to start a project or check on the status of a current project, he is the person to talk to. Matt enjoys warm weather and science fiction, and is an active volunteer in the Vineland community.
If you are ready to begin your project, or if you have some questions before you get started, please contact us!